Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The most poetic justice ever

I have this ex-girlfriend named Vera from about 2 years ago. She started off kinda weird to start, but ended up on the completely "crazy" side of the spectrum... and I use the term literally, as she was in psychotherapy. Finally, (as I would find out a while later) when an ex-boyfriend of hers started flirting with her again to restart their relationship, she very cruelly and remorselessly ended ours.

Just before our breakup, I had a new roommate named Meg move in. Ironically, Meg told me how little she liked Vera from the start. Well, Meg ended up being the eponymous roommate-from-hell, as well as a nauseating flavor of crazy that made Vera look downright normal! In addition to punching me in the face, twice, she would be "unable" to pay rent for months-on-end (never even made deposit, actually). When finally I kicked her out, she still owed rent money, and actually stole some of my stuff on her way out. THEN, she had the gall to call the police to accompany her to demand the mailbox key and check for her mail... only to discover to her immense chagrin that I'd been truthful telling her that she'd received none.

Well about 6 weeks after that fun day, my landlady Jill dropped by to explain that, of all people, Meg and Vera (?!) had called her up and explained to her that they would love to rent our house... out from under us... should Jill be interested in kicking us out. Fortunately, Jill was well aware of Meg's dereliction, and had been quite leery of her in general since Meg suddenly adopted a 100lb, 1-year-old, blood-hound without informing anyone.

Shortly after that, we all found out that the two actually had moved in together in another house. I wished them both bad-riddance, assuming they could only make each other as miserable as they'd made me, and forgot about them until today.

If ever there was a question of the existence of Karma....

.
...Ha, ha, HA!



Update (3/9/2008 5:45pm):
Crap!! Returning home from the dog park, today, I discovered that Meg's new abode is but 3 blocks away from mine!!! If she happens to drive down my street, and notice my truck... NOOOOooOOOO!! I don't want slashed tires!

No comments: